Founded in 1993, Trafigura is one of the largest physical commodities trading groups in the world. Trafigura sources, stores, transports and delivers a range of raw materials (including oil and refined products and metals and minerals) to clients around the world. The trading business is supported by industrial and financial assets, including 49.3 percent owned global oil products storage and distribution company Puma Energy; global terminals, warehousing and logistics operator Impala Terminals; Trafigura’s Mining Group; and Galena Asset Management.
The Company is owned by around 600 of its 4,300 employees who work in 66 offices in 38 countries around the world. Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, growing revenue from USD12 billion in 2003 to USD180.7 billion in 2018. The Group has been connecting its customers to the global economy for more than two decades, growing prosperity by advancing trade.
- Back office documentation coordination (cargo manifests, BL drafts, custom requirements, sales and purchase invoicing, Navitrans entries, IMO/Hazardous Cargo declarations)
- Customer relationship management with both internal and external stakeholders
- Management of a small team
- Handle container import/export/cross-trade transports, including administration
- Support functions with rate negotiations, new customer development
Primary – Handle files from A through Z:
- Provide complete support on back-end functions to Freight Operators.
- Co-ordination with carriers, warehouses, suppliers, customers and internal teams
- Update shipment tracker data and send to customers on daily basis
- Filing / record keeping of all shipment related documentation.
- Complete system booking of costs and revenues.
- Management of a small logistics team
Other support functions:
- Arrange international container transports
- Arrange customs clearance
- Negotiate rates with shipping lines
- Prospect for new business and customers
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge: Container import/export/cross-trade shipments, in-depth understanding of international trade terms, knowledge of customs clearance formalities.
- Network of shipping line contacts. Few local customers (preferred, not mandatory)
- Good notions of international trade and warehousing-terminal activities.
- Bachelor degree, preferably Logistics Management or similar.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in Freight Forwarding, Customer Service / Pricing functions / team management
- Fluent in spoken and written English, Spanish language an advantage
- Punctual, team player, process oriented, organized and methodical with work.
- Eager to learn
- Able to work with MS Office 2010, and ability to operate our in-house software system after training.
- Customers (Predominantly international traders specialized in non-ferrous metals)
- Shipping lines / Agents
- Customs brokers
- Commercial Manager
- Finance and treasury team
To apply for this job please visit Array.