Founded in 1993, Trafigura is one of the largest physical commodities trading groups in the world. Trafigura sources, stores, transports and delivers a range of raw materials (including oil and refined products and metals and minerals) to clients around the world. The trading business is supported by industrial and financial assets, including 49.3 percent owned global oil products storage and distribution company Puma Energy; global terminals, warehousing and logistics operator Impala Terminals; Trafigura’s Mining Group; and Galena Asset Management.
The Company is owned by around 600 of its 4,300 employees who work in 66 offices in 38 countries around the world. Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, growing revenue from USD12 billion in 2003 to USD180.7 billion in 2018. The Group has been connecting its customers to the global economy for more than two decades, growing prosperity by advancing trade.
To ensure proper operation of TC and spot vessels and maximize performance – time charter equivalent (TCE), following global standards and International regulations at all times.
• Coordinate Agency appointments
• Provide Voyage Orders to vessels
• Monitor vessels performance during all voyages i.e.speed and consumption
• Handle questionnaires, certificates, LOI’s and all relevant supporting docs
• Update company’s software with required data
• Liaise with customers (internal and external) on cargo readiness, vessel schedules etc
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Candidates should have:
• Up to 3 years’ work experience
• BSc or MSc in Maritime Studies
• Extremely strong communication skills / quantitative abilities
• Strong business acumen and has a commercial approach
• Ability to work in a challenging, fast paced, high pressure environment
• Ability to speak/write English fluently. High IT system literacy
• Excellent Time management skills
The ideal candidate will be a curious, self-starter, who can think on their feet, is always hungry to learn and willing to do more, finding the next opportunity independently. Someone who is action-oriented, extremely well-organized, and can think out of the box, while applying logic to problems and finding solutions to challenges which the role will offer daily.
• Post Fixing
• Cargo Operations
• Service Companies
• Third party customers
The department is handling the Shipping Operations for the Group’s Time Charter and Voyage Vessels in the dry division.