The Isalos.net Maritime Conference in London
Go Maritime: A New Decade, New Perspectives
Date: Wednesday, February 26, 2020
Venue: The Hellenic Centre (16-18 Paddington Street, Marylebone, London W1U 5AS)
Duration of the conference: 17:30 – 19:30 (Wine reception & Networking time will follow)
The Isalos.net Maritime Conference in London will take place on Wednesday, February 26, 2020, with the collaboration of the Greek Shipping Co-operation Committee, under the auspices of INTERCARGO and the Hellenic Engineers Society of Great Britain and aims to inform the maritime community in London about the recent developments, challenges and opportunities for the shipping industry.
The Lead Sponsor of the event is Tototheo Maritime, while the Transportation Sponsor is Aegean Airlines. The event will be supported by Watson Farley & Williams and SeaBright.
The event is organised with the official participation of City, University of London, The Costas Grammenos Centre for Shipping Trade and Finance, and the Henley Business School, University of Reading.
Attendance will be free of charge (subject to registration via eventbrite).
17:30 - 17:45 - Registration
17:45 - 18:00 - Opening Remarks
- Mr Jos Standerwick, Chief Executive, Maritime London
18:00 - 19:00 - Shipping 2020: Revisiting the role of Shipping in international prosperity
- Prof. John Carlton, FREng Professor of Marine Engineering, Director of Maritime Studies, School of Engineering and Mathematical Studies, City, University of London
- Dr Kostas Gkonis, Director / Secretary General, INTERCARGO
- Mr. George Macheras, Partner, Watson Farley & Williams LLP
- Mrs Despina Panayiotou Theodosiou, CEO, Tototheo Maritime & President, WISTA International
- Mrs Elpi Petraki, Vice President of HSSA, WISTA & Enea Management Inc.
- Mrs Katerina Skourtanioti, Managing Director, VENLYS Maritime Specialisation Services
- Moderator: Mr Dimitris Monioudis, President of the Hellenic Engineers Society of Great Britain & General Manager of Rethymnis & Kulukundis Ltd.
19:00 - 20:00 - Shipping Markets: Supply & Demand in an era of extreme volatility
- Mr Vasilis Bacolitsas, Chairman, Hellenic Mediterranean Panel INTERTANKO & Director, Sea Pioneer Shipping Corporation
- Mr Richard Greiner, Partner, Shipping & Transport, BDO LLP
- Mr Alexandros Kedros, Member- Greek Shipping Co- Operation Committee Council, Southern Shipping & Finance Co.
- Mr Brian Nixon, Managing Director, Lavinia Bulk Ltd.
- Prof. Nikos C. Papapostolou, Associate Director, The Costas Grammenos Centre for Shipping, Trade and Finance & Senior Lecturer in Shipping Finance, Cass Business School, City, University of London
- Mr Paddy Rodgers, Director Royal Museums Greenwich
- Mr Mike Salthouse, Global Director (Claims), The North of England P&I Association Limited
- Moderator: Prof. George Alexandridis, Head, Henley Business School's Pre-Experience Postgraduate Programmes & Programme Director, MSc International Shipping and Finance / ICMA Centre Henley Business School- University of Reading
With the Participation of