The Isalos.net London Event
Date: Thursday, February 21, 2019
Venue: Quilter Cheviot (1 Kingsway, London WC2B 6AN, UK)
Duration of the conference: 17:00 – 20:00, reception will follow (20.00- 21.30)
The Isalos.net event in London will take place on Thursday, February 21, 2019, with the collaboration of the Greek Shipping Co-operation Committee under the auspices of INTERCARGO and the Hellenic Engineers Society of Great Britain.
The Lead Sponsor of the event is Tototheo Maritime, supported by ABS. The event is organised with the official participation of City, University of London, The Costas Grammenos Centre for Shipping Trade and Finance, the Henley Business School, University of Reading and ALBA Graduate Business School.
The Isalos.net event aims to inform the younger generation about the challenges and future prospects of a career in the maritime industry and will be hosted at the Quilter Cheviot London Office (1 Kingsway, London WC2B 6AN, UK).
The conference will host four sessions. Attendance will be free of charge (subject to registration via eventbrite).
17:30 - 18:00 - Registration
18:00 - 18:20 - Opening Remarks
- Mr Theodoros Chatzigkaidas, Engineer I, Senior, ABS
- Mrs Despina Panayiotou Theodosiou, CEO, Tototheo Maritime
- Mr Tim Childe, Head of International & Jersey Office, Quilter Cheviot
18:20 - 19:20 - Tanker Sector- Opportunities and Threats
The panel will present their views on the following topics: Market outlook, new shipbuilding technology and innovation, claims, future prospects, and geopolitical developments
- Mr. Andrew Ward, Chief Executive Officer, Thomas Miller War Risks Services Limited
- Mr. Takis A. Markatos, Operations Manager, Lyras Maritime Ltd.
- Mr. Costas Stavropoulos, Committee Member, Hellenic Engineer Society of Great Britain & Technical Manager, “K” Line LNG Shipping (UK) Limited
- Mr. Yannis Maroulis, Sales Manager, SQLearn
- Mr. Kyriakos Kourentzis, Technical Manager, Andros Maritime Agencies Ltd.
19:20 - 20:20 - 2020: A critical juncture for the shipping industry
The panel will discuss the future of environmental legislation and its effects on shipbuilding technology. It will also focus on future trends in HR and Crew Management, digitalisation/ Big Data and Artificial Intelligence
- Mr. Alexandros Kedros, Member, Greek Shipping Co-Operation Committee Council & Southern Shipping & Finance Co. Ltd.
- Mrs. Despina Panayiotou Theodosiou, CEO, Tototheo Maritime
- Prof. John Carlton FREng, Professor of Marine Engineering, City, University of London
- Mrs. Helen Polychronopoulou, President, HEMEXPO & Executive Vice President, Environmental Protection Engineering S.A
- Mr. Dimitris Monioudis, President, Hellenic Engineers Society of Great Britain & Technical Director, Rethymnis & Kulukundis Ltd.
18:20 - 19:20 - Dry Cargo Sector- Opportunities and Threats
The panel participants will present their views on the following topics: Market Outlook, new technological developments, claims, future prospects, and geopolitical developments
- Mr. Haralambos J. Fafalios, President, Greek Shipping Co-Operation Committee, Fafalios Ltd.
- Mr. Mike Salthouse, Deputy Global Director (Claims)- The North of England P&I Association Limited
- Mr. Brian Nixon, Managing Director, Lavinia Bulk Ltd.
- Dr. Kostas G. Gkonis, Secretary General, INTERCARGO
19:20 - 20:20 - The availability of finance for family-run shipping companies
The panel will focus on the trends and developments in shipping finance and will also provide an overview of recent developments and an outlook for 2019 regarding the Economy and Global Trade, financial leasing, and the availability of financing for family-run firms
- Mr. Nikos Papanestis, First Vice President, Shipping CEMEA, DNB BANK ASA
- Mr. Richard Greiner, Partner, Shipping & Transport, BDO LLP (London)
- Prof. George Alexandridis, Director MSc International Shipping and Finance, Henley Business School, University of Reading
- Prof. Nikos C. Papapostolou, Associate Director, The Costas Grammenos Centre for Shipping, Trade and Finance & Senior Lecturer in Shipping Finance, Cass Business School, City, University of London
- Mr. Christos T. Kottas, Committee Member, Hellenic Engineer Society of Great Britain & Executive Director, Global Transportation Group, J.P. Morgan Asset Management
20:20 - 21:30 - Reception