For the second consecutive year, Isalos.net is organizing an international photo contest and exhibition on Life at Sea.
The theme of the competition is inspired by the novel “The Watch” by Nikos Kavvadias, the poet of the sea.
Entrants are invited to send photos of their daily lives at sea and share with the public the images they see while on board, from the bridge, the engine room and the ship’s deck. The purpose of the competition is to capture through the lens the everyday moments of people working at sea and serving shipping.
A jury of arts and letters personalities as well as art lovers from the maritime community will select the best 20 photos, which will be printed in large size and high resolution in order to be presented at a photo exhibition organized by Isalos.net at the Metropolitan Expo, during the Posidonia 2020 International Exhibition (1-5 /6/2020).
The creators of the three best photographs will be announced at a special ceremony during the Exhibition, where they will receive awards and prizes.
Entries can be submitted from 8 August 2019 to 31 January 2020.
To enter the competition, please complete the form available here.
Terms and conditions of participation
- Participation in the competition and final photo exhibitions is free of charge.
- Contestants must be the owners and creators of the photographic material they submit. The competition is not open to first-degree relatives of members of the jury or employees of Gratia Publishing IKE at the time of the competition.
- Each contestant may enter the competition by submitting up to three (3) photos.
- All entrants must submit their photos via the form, and have available their original photo(s) in high resolution if requested. Note that no photo will be accepted if its resolution is less than 8 megapixels.
- The photo(s) may be processed with color enhancement filters, but these must not alter the resolution and quality of the photo(s)
- Photos containing faces, trademarks, and logos or badges will not be accepted.
- Only photos that meet the above requirements will be accepted in the competition. The special jury set up for the competition will select the 20 best photos from all the photos submitted.
- The judges will select the photos that best reflect the subject taking into account factors such as the composition, originality, and technical skills of the photographer.
- Only high-resolution photos will be awarded.
- The 20 best photos will be featured at an exhibition at the Metropolitan Expo, in the framework of the Posidonia 2020 International Exhibition from Monday 1 to Friday 5 June 2020.
- The photographers of the 20 selected photos will receive certificates and an annual subscription to the Naftika Chronika magazine, while the top 3 will win other prizes to be announced during the competition.
Copyright and Personal Data
- By entering the competition and uploading photos on the relevant webpage, each entrant expressly declares that the submitted photos are his/her original and personal creation.
- Entrants will not hold the organizer responsible for any theft or misappropriation of the photos.
- The copyright of the photos belongs solely to the photographers and rights to them may not be granted to third parties.
- For competition publicity purposes, the organizers may publish the entrants’ photos in print and electronic media related to the competition, or in the press provided the name of the photographer is always mentioned.
- Entrants agree to the exhibition/display of their photos to the public on one or more occasions.
- The jury’s decision is final, and no objection or other claim is permitted.