- This event has passed.
At the Helm of Global Shipping: Ensuring Continuity in times of Change
9 June 2022 @ 17:00 - 19:00
The Isalos.net and Real Time Graduates Posidonia Conference titled “At the Helm of Global Shipping: Ensuring Continuity in times of Change”, will be organized under the Auspices of the Greek Shipping Co-Operation Committee (GSCC), the Hellenic Chamber of Shipping (HCS), INTERCARGO and the Hellenic Engineers Society of Great Britain (HESGB), on Thursday, June 9 2022 from 17:00 – 19:00 at the Posidonia Seminar Room Central (Metropolitan Expo).
During the Conference, the research team of Naftika Chronika will briefly present the results of a research depicting the profile of the fleet operated by ship-management companies based in Piraeus/Athens.
The panel discussants will answer question that include:
- How can Greek shipping companies ensure continuity and competitiveness in the years to come?
- Will third-party management gradually flourish among Greek shipping entities? What are the advantages and disadvantages of traditional shipping companies acquiring third-party vessels under their management?
- ESG: Why does sustainability matter? How have Greek shipping companies’ operations and standards coped with these the social goals and demands?
- Digital transformation: a cliché or a reality? Is the Greek shipping industry embracing transformation?
A panel discussion will follow.
Opening Keynote Remarks:
- Dr. Leonidas Dimitriadis-Evgenidis, President- Eugenides Foundation and IMO Goodwill Maritime Ambassador in Greece
Presentation of the research on the fleet operated by ship-management companies, based in Greece:
- Prof. Ioannis Theotokas, Director of the MSc in Marine Science and Technology Management, University of Piraeus
- John Platsidakis, Honorary Chairman, INTERCARGO
- Elias Kariambas, Director- Regional Business Development, American Bureau of Shipping
- Dr. George D. Pateras, Chairman, Hellenic Chamber of Shipping
- Haralambos J. Fafalios, Chairman- Greek Shipping Cooperation Committee & Fafalios Ltd.
- Despina Panayiotou Theodosiou, President- WISTA International & CEO- Tototheo Maritime
- Roberto Coustas, Co-Founder & CEO, DeepSea
- Kostas G. Gkonis, Secretary General, INTERCARGO
- George A. Papagiannopoulos, Common Progress Co NA S.A.
- Dimitris Patrikios, CEO, Kyklades Maritime Corporation
- Vassilios Th. Terzis, Managing Director, Queensway Navigation Co. Ltd – 1st Vice President, HSSA
Moderator: Dimitris Monioudis, President of the Hellenic Engineers Society of Great Britain & General Manager of Rethymnis & Kulukundis Ltd.
Certificates of attendance will be awarded to all participants.
Under the Auspices of:
Sponsor of the Event:
Sponsors of the Research: