Founded in 1993, Trafigura is one of the largest physical commodities trading groups in the world. Trafigura sources, stores, transports and delivers a range of raw materials (including oil and refined products and metals and minerals) to clients around the world. The trading business is supported by industrial and financial assets, including 49.3 percent owned global oil products storage and distribution company Puma Energy; global terminals, warehousing and logistics operator Impala Terminals; Trafigura’s Mining Group; and Galena Asset Management.
The Company is owned by around 600 of its 4,300 employees who work in 66 offices in 38 countries around the world. Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, growing revenue from USD12 billion in 2003 to USD180.7 billion in 2018. The Group has been connecting its customers to the global economy for more than two decades, growing prosperity by advancing trade.
To ensure New Building Project is executed accurately and within timelines.
Also to make sure that owned ships are managed with the highest quality of standards and their condition is always kept at the top levels following global quality standards and International Conventions at all times.
• Manage, monitor and coordinate the work done by Site Supervision Managers on the Vessel New Building Projects throughout the whole process ie from specification until delivery of the ships including special requirements for specific vendors (ie scrubbers).
• Manage and control the performance of appointed Third party Technical Managers for the owned fleet- this mainly means daily follow up of currently operated fleet, follow up on vessels technical matters in coordination with managers, frequent ships attendance, monitoring of procurement and supplies activity, quality assurance of services provided by Technical Managers with cost effective/saving orientation, OPEX analysis and benchmarking, proper and timely planning of DD plus management of specific projects associated with owned fleet (ie scrubbers or BWTS retrofits).
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Suitable candidates will hold a minimum of 5 years dedicated experience in the fields of Naval Architecture or Marine Superintendent Engineering supported by relevant qualifications. Seagoing/Sailing experience will be considered a plus.
• Ability to speak/write English fluently and IT system literacy
• Capable of working in a multinational, high paced and challenging environment
• Ability to travel
• Solid understanding of all ship technical matters and relevant activities
• Technical and Site Supervision Managers
• Shipping Operations
• Chartering / Commercial team
Marine & Technical department is handling the Group’s New Building Project along with the monitoring of the existing fleet.
To apply for this job please visit Array.